Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: why 2000s were the best era of gaming

Posted by Graeystone on .
Depends on one's age. My very first console as a kid was the Intellivision. My Best Era is the 1980s to the 2000s . .dang, that's a long time span just thinking about it. I'd say the golden era stopped after the era you wrote about.

The next era came (PS 3, Wii U) and it was a mess and from that point on the 'best era' ended right then and there. Heck, Nintendo fired a whole lot of people for the Wii U fiasco. Sure there was a recovery BUT. . .worse started to happen not just with the games but the people who made them(woke games, horrible business/customer relationship, toxic workplaces).

Like I wrote I grew up in the Atari/Intellivion era and that meant I also lived through the video game crash and to this day I do want another crash to happen.

Modern gaming is just awful across the board and it isn't just a ton of unplayable games or worthless consoles like what cost Atari and Intellevision. The more I see and hear the less I like and the worse things seem to get with no beneficial changes. My last modern game that I'll probably buy is the next Elder Scrolls game. After that I'm probably done for good with 'modern gaming'.

In reply to: Re: why 2000s were the best era of gaming posted by Danielle on .
It was also the last decade where you could reasonably assume that if you purchased a physical copy of a single player game, the game would be on the disc and you could play it through completely without requiring an internet connection.

Replies:
Danielle -- 4/14/2024 1:18 am UTC
sanicdahegehod -- 5/1/2024 7:00 am UTC
Danielle -- 5/1/2024 12:31 pm UTC