Message Board
Register

Re: Why these companies gotta be like that?

Posted by MacUser2 on .
Steam actually sold roms for Sega Genesis that were approved by Sega themselves as well which can be used in any emulator. That was the only way to officially play Sonic 3 and Knuckles for the longest time. It was super cheap too. It even had the Michael Jackson OST.

In reply to: Re: Why these companies gotta be like that? posted by iamtim250 on .
They are removing these websites and titles because they plant to milk these old titles with the new generation of gamers. By re-releasing these on new hardware. Its literally all about money. The statute of limitations has well been reached on almost all of the titles here on vimm's, now of course those companies are "within their right" (really they are not, you own the cartridge so the download should be available since you cannot purchase a new system to play that cartridge on right?) the bigger elephant in the room is that they are just corporate bullys and they've noticed that the gaming industry is taking a reverse as everyone who really has money and a want to play games has realized the new games suck and that nobody wants microtransactions, pay to win, constant updates or patches that "fix" issues. The allure of gaming is simply that, play a game to get away from the tech bullcrap, enjoy the little bugs that made it though to production, those glitches are what create the very foundation of speed running and other types of "sports" that we all well know and love. I for one have vowed to never give any game company with the execption of valve any more of my money. Every single one has sold out to monopolisic idologies and i for one don't support that.

Thank you vimms lair for being here all these friggin years. I remember ages ago using floppies to bring home my new digital copies of my favorite games i wasn't able to play anymore due to systems breaking or just simply not wanting to hook them up. The good ole days of internet freedom are quickly being overrun by internet corporatism and they will stop at nothing to monetize every activity you enjoy. Its time to show them what we think with our wallets and not give them any more money, unfortunately the younger generations won't see or understand this and that is why their plans succeed. I literally made this account just to comment here, i may have had one from way back but i know i wont remember it. BONVOYAGE all, its been fun while it lasted :)